Are you based in Lincolnshire and have a few hours a week that you would like to use to help some of the most vulnerable people in our community? We’re looking for volunteer mentors from across Lincolnshire to work with adult offenders as they settle into the community and move towards work, education or training.
We believe that mentoring is as beneficial and rewarding for the mentor as for the mentee. If you are looking for an opportunity to meet new people, gain new skills, investigate a career in the sector or just ‘give something back’, we would like to hear from you.
So, is it for you?
- Do you have a few hours a week to spare?
- Do you want to improve your skills and experience?
- Do you want to do something a bit different?
- Are you non-judgemental and enjoy helping others?
If the answer is yes, why not become a volunteer mentor for Lincolnshire Action Trust?
The Recruitment Process
- Email or call for more information or to request an application form. Alternatively download an application form from the website
- Complete and return the application form via post or email
- Applicants will be invited to attend an informal interview with the Mentoring Co-ordinator
- If both parties wish to continue the application process a DBS (Disclosure Barring Scheme) will be required and references will be sought
- The applicant will then be invited to mentor training sessions
- After training, the applicant will meet with the Mentoring Co-ordinator to discuss next steps
- Mentors will be given regular support and supervisions, as well as the opportunity to access development opportunities and training. Mentors are also reimbursed for ‘out of pocket’ travel and expenses incurred in the role
Need more inspiration? You can read real-life case studies from some of our current mentors by clicking here.
Want to sign up? The Lincolnshire Action Trust volunteer mentor scheme application pack can be downloaded here:
- Volunteer Application Form
- Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form (optional)
- GDPR Volunteer Privacy Notice
Alternatively, to talk to a member of the Mentoring team please call 01522 806611 or email volunteering@LATcharity.org.uk