LAT Trustee Vacancies
We are looking to appoint a number of new Trustees to the Board of Lincolnshire Action Trust, and are particularly seeking to bring more diversity of perspective and experience. We especially welcome expressions of interest from BAME communities who are currently under represented.
We are seeking to extend the Board's expertise in the following areas:
- children and young people
- income generation and/or
- commercial experience
Our Recruitment Pack provides further information. To express your interest in one of these exciting opportunities, please submit a detailed and up to date CV, along with a supporting statement that addresses all criteria in the Person Specification and outlines your motivation for applying.
Visitor Services Volunteer Vacancies
LAT runs a number of visitors services at prisons throughout the region, as well as at IRC Morton Hall, and we are looking for volunteers to support these activities. Volunteers can have a powerful and positive impact on the people they work with and volunteering can be incredibly rewarding. In addition, it can contribute to volunteers’ professional development.
Volunteers can offer their time Monday to Sunday, and weekends are one of our busiest times. Applications to become a volunteer are welcomed from people of all ages and backgrounds across the region, who have the commitment to work with both children and adult visitors to our Centres.
What does an LAT Volunteer do?
- Provides someone for the visitors to talk to
- Helps to support and give information to visitors
- Assist in facilitating activities for both adult and child visitors
- Bring fresh ideas and suggestions of activities to group sessions where possible
- To serve refreshments to visitors
- Help to ensure safety and wellbeing of visitors
We have a number of different volunteering roles, and are currently recruiting to the following:
Children and Family Prison Visits Volunteer
Visitors centres exist to meet the needs of adults and children visiting relatives or friends in prison and immigration removal centres. Prison Service guidelines state that they aim to offer 'a safe, pleasant environment where all visitors are met with dignity and respect, provided with the facilities they need, and offered information, support and the opportunity to discuss the difficulties they may face in confidence.' This statement is reflective of the visitors centres that Lincolnshire Action Trust runs.
Volunteers in this role will therefore offer a warm welcome to all visitors arriving for a domestic visit and assist in the process of booking in visitors. They will offer emotional and practical support to the families who are waiting for a visit, providing activities, information and answering questions when required.
A role description is available here
Locations: HMP Hull | HMP Humber (near Brough) | HMP North Sea Camp (near Boston) |HMP Stocken (near Oakham)
So, is it for you?
- Do you have a few hours a week to spare?
- Do you want to improve your skills and experience?
- Do you want to do something a bit different?
- Are you non-judgemental and enjoy helping others?
- If the answer is yes, why not become a volunteer for Lincolnshire Action Trust?
The Recruitment Process
- Email or call for more information or to request an application form. Alternatively download an application form from the website
- Complete and return the application form via post or email
- Applicants will be invited to attend an informal interview with the volunteer coordinator and/or a senior practitioner
- If both parties wish to continue the application process then references will be sought
- The applicant will then be invited to a volunteer training session relevant to the role they have applied for and a DBS form for an enhanced DBS check will be completed
- After training, the applicant will meet with the volunteer coordinator and/or senior practitioner after training to discuss next steps and the DBS form will be sent to the umbrella body for processing
Volunteers will be given regular support and supervisions, as well as the opportunity to access development opportunities and training. Volunteers are also reimbursed for ‘out of pocket’ travel and expenses incurred in the role
Want to sign up? The Lincolnshire Action Trust application pack can be downloaded here:
- Volunteer Application Form
- Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form (optional)
- GDPR Volunteer Privacy Notice
Alternatively, if you would like more information, please contact us on 01522 806611 or email volunteering@LATcharity.org.uk