We’re delighted to announce that we have some exciting opportunities at Lincolnshire Action Trust (LAT) and we are looking to appoint several new trustees to join our Board.
We are also seeking to extend our Board’s expertise in the following areas:
- children and young people
- legal experience
- income generation and/or
- commercial experience
Trustee job description
- Ensure that LAT complies with its charitable objects
- Plan what LAT will do and what it will achieve, involving staff, volunteers, and others with an interest in the charity in the planning process
- As a member of the Board be accountable for how LAT’s activities further or support its charitable objects.
- To ensure that LAT complies with its charitable objects, charity law, company law and any other relevant legislation or regulations
- To contribute actively to the Board’s role in giving strategic direction to LAT, setting overall policy, defining goals, setting targets and evaluating performance against agreed targets
- To safeguard the good name and uphold the values of LAT
- To ensure the financial stability of LAT
- To protect and manage the property of LAT and to ensure that LAT's funds are invested properly, including being a signatory on banking mandates
- To be a signatory on legal documents
- To appoint and support the Chief Executive Officer and monitor their performance.
- To attend Board meetings. (Board business meetings are usually held four times a year and Board development sessions are held twice a year).
- To distribute papers one week in advance of meetings
- To prepare for meetings and critically review proposals when making decisions
- To act collectively.
A detailed Trustee Recruitment Pack can be found here.
Lincolnshire Action Trust (LAT) is a resettlement and rehabilitation charity – we work with individuals at every point of the criminal justice system from arrest, at court, into custody and back into the community. We also support children and families who are affected by imprisonment, or by the substance use of a family member.
Lincolnshire Action Trust strives to ensure that all individuals involved directly and indirectly in the criminal justice system are treated with respect, are given equal opportunities and are empowered to achieve their full potential.
To expand the diversity and experience of our Board, we especially welcome applications from BAME and other communities who are currently under-represented.
If you feel you have the experience, credibility and crucially the passion we are seeking to further develop Lincolnshire Action Trust, we’d love to hear from you.
For further information about this role please contact our CEO, Alison Goddard directly via email (alison.goddard@LATcharity.org.uk) or by telephone on 01522 806611.
To apply for this role, please submit the following:
- A detailed and up-to-date CV
- A supporting statement that addresses all criteria in the Person Specification and outlines your reasons for applying
- The equal opportunities monitoring form (the information provided will be treated as strictly confidential and used for statistical purposes only. The form will not be treated as part of your application).
Please submit your application:
- Either by emailing jobs@LATcharity.org.uk
- Or by post to:
Lincolnshire Action Trust is fully committed to eliminating discrimination and promoting equality and diversity in our workforce and employment practices, in the work we undertake, and in the provision of all our services.