LAT runs the FIRST (Family Interventions and Release Support) Centre at HMP Lincoln and we are looking for volunteers to support our activities there. Volunteers can have a powerful and positive impact on the people they work with and volunteering can be incredibly rewarding. In addition, it can contribute to volunteers’ professional development. Applications to be a volunteer are welcomed from people of all ages and backgrounds across Lincolnshire who have the commitment to work with both children and adult visitors to HMP Lincoln.
What does a FIRST Volunteer do?
- Provides someone for the visitors to talk to
- Helps to support and give information to visitors
- Assist in facilitating activities for both adult and child visitors
- Bring fresh ideas and suggestions of activities to group sessions where possible
- To serve refreshments to visitors
- Help to ensure safety and wellbeing of visitors
The hours of First Centre are Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday afternoon, as well as Saturday & Sunday all day. Volunteer sessions over these days are usually 12.15 to 2.15 and we are seeking volunteers to cover as many of these sessions they are able to commit to.
So, is it for you?
- Do you have a few hours a week to spare?
- Do you want to improve your skills and experience?
- Do you want to do something a bit different?
- Are you non-judgemental and enjoy helping others?
- If the answer is yes, why not become a volunteer for Lincolnshire Action Trust?
The Recruitment Process
- Applicants complete a volunteer application form.
- Applicants will be invited to attend a meeting with a FIRST Manager and/or Volunteer Co-ordinator
- If both parties wish to continue the application process a DBS (Disclosure Barring Scheme) will be required and references will be sought.
- Applicants will be invited to attend three days of training.
- Applicants will meet with the FIRST Manager and/or Volunteer Co-ordinator after training to discuss next steps.
Volunteers will be given training and will receive on going regular training and development in addition to regular supervisions. Volunteers are reimbursed for travel and expenses incurred in the role.
Want to sign up? The Lincolnshire Action Trust application pack can be downloaded here:
Alternatively, if you would like more information, please contact us on 01522 806611 or email FIRST@LATcharity.org.uk.